Tuesday 3 September 2013

How To... Avoid Uneven or Streaky Tans

If you haven't already seen I recently did a post entitled Fake Tanning 101. I shared my tips and tricks that I've learnt in my tanning life time (give it a read here if you fancy).

So, as a sort of follow up to that post and as an introduction to me "How To" series I'm going to introduce on this blog. They are just going to be little posts about how to do something or how to avoid something happening. So, today I'm going to talk about one of the most common fake tanning mistake, and how to avoid them. 



Today's post is all about how to avoid steaks or an uneven when tanning and I have a few tips on how to do that. 
  •   Choose a product with a colour guard. If you have a tan without a colour guard it's hard to tell where exactly you have applied the tan meaning you might miss some areas leading to a streaky or uneven tan. It also stops you slapping on to much product because your not sure what has gone where.
  •  Use a tanning mitt. These mitts are really inexpensive items that help tan application. It not only helps give the tan a nice even application, but it also helps you avoid the dreaded fake tan hands.
  •  Apply in small circular motions that overlap slightly. Do not rub up and down your body when applying fake tan. Use small circular motions with you mitt to really work the tan into your skin, and make sure they overlap so you don't get patches of untanned skin. 
I hope some these tips help you out just a little and be sure to check back every Tuesday for more How to posts.

name
Follow on Bloglovin
twitter | bloglovin | tumblr | pinterest | instagram

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every comment, and love hearing from you all!