Wednesday 28 August 2013

Yardley Royal English Daisy Eau De Toilette





If you are like me, you've stereotyped Yardley as "that old lady" scent or brand, and have never given it the time of day. I have to admit I did that for such a long time until I got a sample of the Royal English Daisy perfume in a Glossy Box. 

Some of the scents (Lavender, I talking about you) are slightly "old lady" and might not be to the younger persons taste but the newer scents from the brand are actually nice! I was shocked, but I fell in love with the Royal English Daisy scent and I now own three bottles of the Eau De Toilette, three of the Body Spray, the Hand Cream and the body lotion. (Oops?) 



The Royal English Daisy scent was released as limited edition scent to Yardley around the time of the Royal Wedding. It is inspired by the Princess, Kate Middleton and it's meant to appeal to the younger audience. It does just that, and the marketing ploy of using the ever popular Kate Middleton works because it made me want it even more and I'm not even hugely bothered by the Middleton craziness. 

It's described as a elegant, fresh  and green floral fragrance that is meant to be reminiscent of flower filled meadows in the spring sunshine. Sounds picaresque does it not? Well it gets even better! It's meant to open with a burst of energetic top notes of green leaves and apple, a heart of hyacinth and white rose. The bases notes are warm hints of sandalwood and musk. 



Fragrance descriptions always make me laugh because they really do sound like something that belongs in some kind of novel. They are really over the top but to simplify the craziness that is the above description it's a light floral scent with a hint of sweetness in there. I think it would be great for people of all ages. 

The scent doesn't last all that long on the skin, but because it's a light scent and the perfume is so cheap I don't mind reapplying it throughout the day and using a ton of it first thing in the morning. It's a  great day to day perfume, and especially great for the summer when you don't want to be weighed down by heavy scents. 
name
I've heard so many rumors about GFC going away, so maybe pop over to bloglovin and give me a follow there to keep up to date with my blog!

2 comments:

  1. I really need to look into these Yarbley perfumes I see rave reviews all the time, They look and sound great!

    Jamie-Lee | Glitter Infatuation | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deffo try it if you get a chance. Great price, and this scent in particular is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I read and reply to every comment, and love hearing from you all!