Saturday 27 July 2013

Dissapointing Product | ELF Mineral Lipgloss in Wild

I love ELF (or Eyes Lips Face). They can be hit and miss with the overall quality of their products, but for the price there really is no room for complaint. 
 
ELF Mineral Lipgloss in Wild, £3.50, link
I picked up the ELF Mineral Lipgloss in Wild when they were offering 50% off of the already insanely cheap prices. 
 
 
I'm not the biggest fan of this lipgloss, but I didn't have high expectations to start with. The gloss itself is actually great. The formula isn't drying or anything like that (Yes, Lauder I'm talking about you) and it's not to sticky. 
 
 
I don't mind the wand to much. It's the standard doe foot applicator that most lipglosses come with, and there really isn't that much more to say about that. 
 
The thing that I don't like is the stopper/wiper off-er bit (is there a technical term for that?). It's takes off far to much of the product so you get very little to work with. Because the sponge if left so dry of product, you don't get a glossy finish on the lips and it can pull off the colour of any lipstick you have. 
 
 
 The swatch above to me about 6 swipes of gloss. You cann build it up to be quite nice, but it's just not worth the effort. I just don't reach for this, and I wouldn't recommend the Mineral glosses from ELF. 

You can see this, and some other products featured on my last Disappointing Products post here

PS: As I write this, I feel like it makes no sense. I apologize for that but apparently I've lost all ability to form sentences and even words. 

2 comments:

  1. I haven’t tried this yet, but I have heard so many good things about it from bloggers and magazines. Great review, I might have to get it now! :)
    http://www.heroineinheels.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not worth it, like I said in the post :) x

      Delete

I read and reply to every comment, and love hearing from you all!