Saturday 3 November 2012

Revlon Top Speed Fast Dry Nail Enamel in Electric


I recently picked up this polish in my local Boots, in hope that it would help me end my search for a bright yellow polish that went on opaque and didn't streak. It didn't.

This nail polish promises and "a salon-smooth finish" because of the "built in top coat" and to "set in 60 seconds."  

Well, no. Sorry Revlon but the that's just not true. It doesn't set in 60 seconds, and really isn't fast drying at all. It dried about as fast as Barry M polishes do. If you have the patients to put on 4 or 5 coats, then you might get that salon smooth finish but I just can't be asked to do that. 
I've never tried Revlon polishes before this and it hasn't encouraged me to try more. I brought this without looking up any reviews because, considering the great reviews I've seen, it would be a good choice. I wish I had looked it up before spending £6.49 on it.

The formula is really watery and it streaked like nothing else. It's not opaque and it's just not great overall. I'm not a fan of the brush, which is really skinny and I just overall regret buying it. If you have the patients for putting on about 4 or 5 coats, it could work for you but I just don't have that kind of patients or time.

I'm really gutted that it didn't work out because I want that perfect bright yellow polish and this looked perfect. If you're interested in this, you can find it here!

2 comments:

  1. nice colour, reminds me of summer x

    xelliealicex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I read and reply to every comment, and love hearing from you all!