Tuesday 13 November 2012

Rock A Red Lip!

Vaseline, Topshop, NYX, 17, Topshop & Maybelline

I used to be scared of red lips because I have quite small lips and darker colours or brighter colours make them look smaller but I thought "screw it" after lusting after red colours for a long time. They actually look better than I thought they would on me and I really like the combination of the red lips against my pale skin tone. These are my favourite reds right now!

Vaseline Rosy Lips, Topshop Hazard, NYX Chaos, 17 Hot Stuff, Topshop Rio Rio and Maybelline Baby Lips Cherry Me



Vaseline Lip Therapy Rosy Lips link
This is a great product if you're scared of a red lip because you can get that sheer wash of colour without the 'Bamb!' in your face impact of other reds. It's also good if you have dry lips because red lipsticks ten to highlight the dry patches on your lips. 
 
Topshop Lips Lipstick in Hazard link 
This isn't as dark as it looks in the tube, which disappointed me at first becuase that was the colour that I wanted but I still love this lipstick. Topshop lipsticks are amazing quality and I adore them, and this one is no different. It glides on nicely, and stays put which is great. 

NYX Lipstick in Chaos link
This is the ultimate autumn red in my opinion. It's blue toned, so if you don't like that don't bother but it's the most gorgeous deep red colour that isn't drying or anything like that and it lasts a long time. It's a super intense colour on the lips which screams 'fall' to me. 
17 Supreme Shine Lipstick in Hot Stuff link
I adore these range of lipsticks and own quite a few but this is one of my favourites because it's a nice red colour. It's actually pretty similar to Rio Rio by topshop but just a little different which gives me a reason to own both. I love the finish on this because it leaves a nice sheen on the lips and I like that it's not to high maintenance like most red lipsticks. 
Topshop Lips Lipstick in Rio Rio link
I won't say much on this because you can read my review here! But it's a nice bright red that is also a dupe for a limited edition MAC shade called Sail Le Vile. 
Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Me link
I hadn't tried this before I brought this off a blog sale and now I know what all the fuss is about. They are a beautiful lip balm and I love this one especially because I gives a nice wash of red colour to the lips and leaves a nice glossy effect too! Maybelline, please bring these to the UK. I need more of them in my life! 


Vaseline, Hazard, Chaos, Hot Stuff, Rio Rio & Cherry Me