Sunday 11 November 2012

Top 3 Primers | George, MUA and GOSH

I must admit that I'm a little lazy when it comes to primers, and that I'm one of those people who complains about my foundation not lasting long enough. I know, I know if I wasn't so lazy and just slapped on a primer it would be better and I am trying to do that.

So, with that being said, in my quest to find a the perfect primer I've tried a fair few. The following three are my ultimate favourite drugstore primers!  

George Face Primer, MUA primer & GOSH Velvet Touch Primer

1) George Face Primer
This for me is the most comparable one I've found to the POREfessional from Benefit. It's not exactly the same, so don't run out thinking it is but there are few similarities that might make me think about repurchasing this rather than the expensive Benefit one.

It claims to be a moisturizing, non sticky base for makeup that can be wore alone or with foundation. I would mostly agree with this, apart from the moisturizing part. It doesn't dry out my skin or anything but it most certainly doesn't feel like it's moisturizing it.

It smooths out the skin nicely which I love, and it does make makeup last longer. It doesn't mattify the skin like the POREfessional, but the effect it leaves when you put makeup on is very similar in my opinion.
 2) GOSH Velvet Touch Primer
This is the most expensive one of the bunch. the packaging that is shown in the picture is the old packaging and I managed to pick this up for £1 in a Superdrug clearance but the regular packaging (a bottle and pump) is about £12 a pop for 30ml.
It's totally worth the price, and this is probably my favourite of the three. It does everything that it's meant to and it does it bloody well.  The clear and fragrance free formula says that it fills in fine lines and deep pores and leaves the skin matte.


 3) MUA Professional Primer
This is the most basic of the bunch, and if you want something simple that doesn't really do anything other than make foundation a little longer this is the one for you. It doesn't leave anything matte, and it doesn't have a tint at all. It leaves the skin moisturized and just ready for makeup. It's not going to be the best to smooth skin or fill pores but it works if your blessed with normal skin. It's also only £4 a go, and it lasts ages so that a win.