Monday 26 November 2012

Sleek Pout Paints | A Review


Sleek Pout Paint, £4.99 link.

I originally brought these because I’ve always wanted to try OCC Lip Tars, but wasn’t sure if I could get them in the UK and if I could I was a bit worried that the price would be a bit extortionate. I have been asked to make a comparison between the two but I really can't because I still haven't tried the OCC Lip Tars. I can the packaging of the Sleek Pout Polish was better because of the dispenser but I believe that the OCC Lip Tars have now changed to a similar tube.

I hate to start on a negative but I want to be honest. I have used these once and I won’t be using them again.  It's not because they are not great quality or anything like that it's simply because they are so high maintenance and require a nice steady hand to apply. I suppose that if you have the patience for them they are brilliant but I just can’t be asked with all the hassle. I don't have a steady hand and want something easy to apply like a Revlon lip butter or something similar.

You do need a decent lip brush to use with these because they are to messy to use with your fingers and they stain your hands quite a bit so a mixing palette (to mix the colours of course) and a lip brush are must haves for me if you want to use them to the best they can be used.

The colours are super intense and you need the smallest bit to go over your entire lips, which is good I suppose. I just think that, for the colours I would use in the range, I could get them in a lipstick form and have less issue applying them. 

You can see the swatches here. The amount you can see here would probably go over about 6 peoples lips and it’s one hell of a job to get it off your hand without any staining.

Sleek Pout Paint in Cloud Nine, Milkshake and Rosette

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every comment, and love hearing from you all!