Thursday 14 March 2013

Powders for the Pale Person

I recently did a post on bronzers for pale people (you can read that here), and I wanted to follow it up with a series of posts about ranges of products that work for pale people. I'm just about an NC15 in MAC. I can pull off slightly darker shades, but to truly match my skin tone I need NC15, with NW15 being to dark!

Anyway, the next products for pale people that I'm going to be talking about is powders. Powder is something that not everyone uses, but for people that do, I often find that powders (that aren't translucent of course) aren't really light enough to match me or my foundation. 


Powders for Pale People | New CID Pressed Powder, Collection Pressed Powder, and Collection Loose Powder
 
Today, I have three products that are great for people who look similar to Caspar the friendly ghost.  

Collection Pressed Powder in Ivory 

Collection Pressed Powder in Ivory £1.99 link

I love this powder for so many reasons. I think collection is a brand that people underestimate. I know everyone goes crazy about their lasting perfection concealer, but I never really hear much about other products from them.  This powder should be raved about. Sure, it's not the finest of the fine. It's only £1.99 after all but it's worth so much more than that. It's a great colour for the pale people. It keeps any oil I may have at bay all day. It offers a little coverage. All of these things combined make a great powder in my opinion and I love it. 


New CID i-Compact Pressed Powder in Extra Light

New CID i-Compact Pressed Powder in Extra Light, £21.99 link

 I picked this up in TK Maxx for 7.99 without even looking at it. I saw extra light and thought great. I'm so glad that I got this, because it's my most reached for powder and I adore it. I love the colour. I love the effect on the skin. I love the compact. I love that it seems to be never ending. I use this product all the time, and have done for about 5 months, and I'm still not hitting pan.


Collection Sheer Loose Powder in Translucent

Pcollection loose
Collection Sheer Loose Powder £2.99 link

  I don't think this is translucent so if you are of a darker skin tone I wouldn't recommend this but for pale people this is perfect. It sets makeup really well without making it look cakey. It mattifys the skin a little without making it dull, and it doesn't leave any kind of wired colour cast on my skin like the Natural Collection 'translucent' powder does. It's a great bargain to at only £2.99. 

 name


P.S: I've heard so many rumors about GFC going away, so maybe pop over to bloglovin and give me a follow there to keep up to date with my blog!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every comment, and love hearing from you all!