Wednesday 9 January 2013

Brand Review | Topshop Makeup

Topshop Makeup, link.

I adore Topshop makeup, and if you have read my blog for any length of time I'm sure you know that the cream blushes they offer are my favorite! I discovered the brand about a year ago, and fell in love at first sight. The products feel expensive, are a good quality and are really affordable. 

They offer a wide range of products from Nail Varnish to Highlighters to Lipsticks. I haven't tried everything from the range, but from what I have tried I can quite happily say it's a great brand.

The shade ranges for individual products isn't the best, but there are still a semi-nice variety of colours. They offer some great staple colours like classic pinks and reds, and they offer some great season shades too. 

Cream Blush in Head Over Heels, £6. link.
The prices of all the products I saw were very reasonable considering the quality of the products. The cream blushes retail for £6 which I think is amazing. They are really nicely pigmented, blend amazingly well and last all day on my cheeks. My favorite shade is Head Over Heels, and you can work it in really well for a nice subtle look of pile it on for a more dramatic blush look. 

Lipsticks in Nevada (link) and Innocent (link) , £8 each.
The lipsticks are amazing quality, and I think they are very comparable to MAC. I prefer the packaging of these to MAC because it's not your average packaging, but I still think it feels good quality and look really cute. They are about £8 each, which is pretty much the same price as the good quality lipsticks form the drugstore so I think it's fair. They have a really nice texture to them. They aren't full of glitter or anything like that which I adore, and I would compare the texture and finish to that of the MAC Cremesheen Lipsticks. They aren't matte, but they do have a "velvet" finish which stop them drying out your lips on an insane level but also make them last a very good amount of time on the lips.   

I have tried a number of other products and they are just as amazing and the lipsticks and the blushes but they are the stand out products for me. The nail polish that I have tried seems amazing. It didn't chip too quickly, and the colours I tried only needed two coats to make them look great. The lip markers are great, but I would like to see some more colours. 

 I really want to try the tinted moisturiser and the highlighters they offer because I've heard great stuff about them, so they are next on my list. 

2 comments:

  1. I love cream blush so I need to try Topshop's. I really love their packaging x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are fantastic! They are so easy to apply, and because they are cream to powder they last all day and barely fade. :) x

      Delete

I read and reply to every comment, and love hearing from you all!