Monday 24 February 2014

Books, How I Read Tag + Other Blogs

I don't know if many people know this but I also write a book blog as well as Some Sparkle and Shine. It's called A Little Bit of Literature and you can see it here. It's quite new but I would love for you to go and give it a glance if you like books or movies or just fancy reading something a little different. 

This is kind of a shameless plug for that blog but to go along with that I thought I would do the How I Read Tag here to give you an idea of what you might find over there!


So, without further or do here is the Tag:

(1)How do you find out about new books to read?
I find new books to read through book tube, book blogs and just browsing in the shop. I don't like to go into books too well informed about them so I like to grab something that seems intriguing in a shop and take it home. I've found some book tubers that are exactly the same as me when it comes to reading things (for example what they find good and what they enjoy) so I usually gravitate towards books that they recommend or have read as well.
(2)How did you get into reading?

Twilight! I honestly cannot remember a book I read before I read Twilight. It was a book I grew with and I'll always be thankful for the series because without it I wouldn't be reading. Reading helps with so many things, even if you aren't reading what people consider to be brilliant literature. It helps with spelling, speaking and for those in school, at uni or who enjoy writing it helps with that as well. It's also nice to get lost in a place that isn't surrounded by your problems.
(3)How has your taste in books changed as you've gotten older?

I think my taste is changing ever so slightly but I still like the same kind of things. Because I have read more I can appreciate certain books more and am able to tell what is "good" and "bad", to me at least. I don't think my genre taste has changed but I do find myself looking in adult sections more for genres that fit my tastes but are for a more adult audience. 
(4)How often do you buy books?

Not too often. I can go months and months without buying books but when I do let myself buy a book it gets extreme. I can't just buy 1 or 2, I go crazy. It ends up being stupid amounts of books so maybe I should spread the spending out over the months instead of taking breaks and going to extremes.
(5) How did you get into BookTubing? book blogging?

I got into book blogging because I found the book tube community and began to get into reading more. I did a few reviews of books and movies on my beauty blog *this blog* but it doesn't fit the blog so I thought I would start a little blog for book talk and throw in some movies talk over there as well. I think more random things might go over on the blog too so I can keep this blog focused.
(6)How do you react when you don't like the end of a book?

Badly. I usually ends up with the book being thrown across the room or with me shouting at inanimate objects *to book* *the wall* *the air*.
(7)How often have you taken a sneaky look at the back page of a book to see if it's a happy ending?

To often. I don't so much anymore but at one point I looked at the end of every book I read. I don't think the last page ever gives too much away but I just liked to look to see if the characters I was starting to like were still alive and well by the end.
(8)How many people are you going to tag, and who are they? 

I'm not going to tag anyone specific because this is quite an old tag now and I'm sure most people have done it but if you want to do it go ahead and be sure to leave me a link in the comments so I can check out your answers. 

Thanks for reading guys and don't forget to check out A Little Bit Of Literature here for more book talk.  

name
Follow on Bloglovin
twitter | bloglovin | tumblr | pinterest | instagram
 

3 comments:

  1. Tags seem to be proliferating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you still exclusively paper, or have you gone digital?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't like the end of the Divergent series at all. I'm so glad I didn't spoil myself though - I like the surprise :)

    ReplyDelete

I read and reply to every comment, and love hearing from you all!