Saturday 8 December 2012

Top 6 Drugstore Lipsticks



I haven't tried all that many high end lipsticks, and I don't plan to any time soon because the ones that I have from the drugstore are amazing (at least for me) 

So, that  leads me to this post all about my favourite drugstore lipsticks. As a little bonus, the colours of the lipsticks in these pictures are my favourite colours I've tried from the individual ranges.


L'Oreal Rouge Caresse, 17 Supreme Shine, Topshop Lips, L'Oreal Colour Riche, Rimmel Lasting Finish "Kate" Collection & 17 Mirror Shine.
These are technically a lipstick, but they are quite original and not like your standard lipstick. They feel exactly like a balm on the lips but still have a nice pop of colour in them. L'Oreal says it's "lightweight" and with a "delicate texture". I couldn't agree more because it doesn't feel like a lipstick and it creates a "veil of colour" as claimed by L'oreal and it leaves a gorgeous shine or glossy finish to the lips. 

My favourite colour I've tried is Lovely Rose.

These are gorgeous lipsticks that don't dry out your lips and leave a nice long lasting colour on them. They are "lightweight" like they claim but they are buildable so the intensity differ depending on how you like it. They leave a nice finish on the lips to because they aren't matte or even demi-matte. They remind me on the cremesheen finishes from MAC in fact.

My favourite shade is a gorgeous red called Hot Stuff.


These feel expensive, in both the packaging and the product itself. I think the quality is comparable to MAC, and the "velvet finish" leaves you with a nice, long lasting colour that is semi-matte but not drying. The price is pretty awesome too when you think MAC is £14. These are only £8 a piece.

This changes a lot because they are all so nice but at the moment my favourite shade is Pillow Talk.
 

These are my best 'normal' lipsticks from the drugstore. They are really nicely pigmented for the most part and they have a nice range of brights and more natural shades. Some of them can be a little drying but they are long lasting so I just pop a good balm on before hand to keep my lips a little more moisturized. The packaging is really nice and they aren't too expensive if you think about what you pay for higher end lipsticks.  

My favourite shade from this range is 233 Boreal, and it's a great dupe for MAC Blankety.
 

I love Rimmel as a brand, and more specifically I love their lipsticks. All the ranges they offer are amazing, but the Kate Moss collection are my favourite. They have some amazing colours that aren't full of shimmer and glitter, are nice and creamy and last a long time. I think there is a colour for everyone because it ranges from a nude shade to red to a dark purple. 

My favourite shade is 02 and I think it's a nice dupe for Girl About Town but I can't be certain. 


I think these have been repackaged now which makes me sad because I love the blue tube. It gives a little something extra but oh well. The lipsticks are awesome. They are very moiturising and the ones that I've tried are quite sheer but I love that. They are the perfect every day lipsticks, and if you hate drying lips or high maintenance lips these are for you. 

My favourite shade is Beehive which is a close dupe for Hue by MAC. 

All my favourite shades are swatched below if you fancy a peak! 


L'Oreal Rouge Caresse Lipstick in Lovely Rose, 17 Supreme Shine Lipstick in Hot Stuff, Topshop Lips Lipstick in Pillow Talk, L'Oreal Color Riche Lipstick in Boreal, Rimmel Lasting Finish "Kate" Lipstick in 02 and 17 Mirror Shine Lipstick in Beehive