Monday 17 December 2012

Revlon ColorStay Foundation (For Normal/Dry Skin)

Who hasn't heard every opinion under the sun about Revlon ColorStay? I was a little unsure if I should write this review, because I'm sure you've heard it all before. This foundation has to be the most popular drugstore foundation in the blogging world, so all has been said but I decided to throw my own two cents into the mix. 

This foundation is a very full coverage foundation, and it can look cakey but if you find the right way to apply it, it can be amazing. I've tried every which way to apply this and the best ways for me are with a damp beauty blender sponge or with a stippling brush. The beauty blender gives a more natural look, where as the brush gives a heavier look. I like both, and use the natural one for daytime and the heavier one to amp it up for night time. 

No matter which way I wear it, it does last. It's very rare that a foundation claiming to last upto 16 hours actually lasts that amount of time but I can put this on at 8 in the morning and it will last until at least 10 at night.

I love it's versatility. I can use this as a concealer on a BB cream day, or as a full coverage foundation on those bad skin days. I can also mix in a pump of highlighter like L'Oreal Lumi Magique Primer or Soap and Glory Hocus Focus and BAMB you have a nice coverage foundation with a nice glow.
The only thing I hate is the packaging. I love foundations with a pump, and this doesn't have one. You have to pour it out, and I always make a mess with it. The bottle gets grubby, the foundation gets everywhere and I feel like I waste some because I always pour out too much.