In a recent ,Lily Peebles created the beauty scenario tag and I thought it was a really great idea. I don't make videos so I thought I would take the questions and answer them on the blog. So, on with the questions:
1. You have to get rid of all your foundations and you can only keep one high end and one drugstore, which do you keep?
My drugstore favourite would have to be the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation. It was a toss up between this and the Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid but I've never had the Wake Me Up fail for me whereas if I have a bad skin day the Dream Liquid doesn't have as much coverage. My high end choice would be the Estee Lauder Doublewear. I adore this foundation and NEED to get a new one. It lasts all day, gives beautiful coverage, doesn't cake up and it's drying even though it is targeted at more oily skins.
2. You go for an interview and the lady interviewing you has lipstick on her teeth. Do you approach the subject or ignore it completely?
I ignore it. If I knew the lady or something like that I might let them know but I would be far to scared, nice lady or not, to tell them. Hopefully they'll notice sooner rather than later.
3. You're not feeling yourself and need a pick me up. Which lipstick do you put on to make yourself feel beautiful?
I grab something bright pink. I would have to be something nice and blue toned, and would probably be something Fuchsia. My favourites at the moment are the Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick in 02 or the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Lovesick.
4. You go back in time for a day to your teenage years, how would you do your hair and makeup differently?
That really wasn't that long a go for me but I would tell younger me to take the hair out of the slicked back, super tight pony tail. Just because you have curly hair doesn't mean you can't do something else with it. Also, the gelled back front is NEVER cute especially when the rest if a mess. For makeup, I would say step away from the Dream Matte Mousse. You have dry skin and it doesn't suit you at all and also don't just put liner on you bottom lash line and mascara. It doesn't look good at all. I'm not sure why I ever thought it was a good idea to just put a thick black liner under my eyes and not do anything anywhere else.
5. You ask your hairdresser for a shoulder length Pixie Lott hair cut, but they hear wrong and give you a pixi cut. Do you a) Smile, say thank you, leave and call your mum hysterical b) Cry in the chair and things get awkward or c) Complain to the manager and demand a refund.
I would probably do some kind of combination of all three. Fun fact: I've NEVER been to the hair dressers. My mum used to be a hair dresser so she trims my hair for me but the thought of getting my hair cut, even by my mother, scares the crap out of me. So, if they cut off to much to start I would probably sob and leave before they could finish but if it did happen I'd probably have some kind of nervous breakdown in the shop, sob down the phone to anyone who would listen and refuse to leave until they magically reattached all of my hair.
6. Your friend surprises you with a 4 day city break and you have 1 hour to pack. Which 'do it all' palette do you pack in your makeup bag?
I don't own many palettes. I tend to go for one shadow looks so palettes are just more shadows I probably wouldn't use. If I had to choose one palette it would be one of the Look Beauty Mini Make Over palettes because there is a blush underneath or the MUA Undress Me Too palette because there are some shadows in there that work for one shadow looks.
7. Your house has been robbed, don't worry everyone is safe, but your beauty stash has been raided. What's the product you really hope is safe?
If I had to choose one? I think I would save something more expensive because I could replace the cheaper stuff easier. I think my MAC palette might have to win this one because, while they aren't limited edition it took a lot of money to build up the stash and it also has some shadows from Soap and Glory and Natural Collection depots in there.
8. Your friend borrows your makeup and returns it in awful condition. Do you a) Just pretend you haven't noticed b) Ask them to repurchase it or c) Secretly do the same to something of theirs
I'd probably do something really passive aggressive like make some kind of snarky comment a few days later or mention how gross the product looks around them so they get the idea that it annoyed me just a little. I wouldn't repurchase it unless it was an AMAZING product and totally unusable. I wouldn't do the same to theirs because I don't really ever use something of someone else because it freaks me out a little. So if I had to choose it would be A.
You can watch Lily Peebles' video here, and be sure to link your tag if you have done it because I'm nosy and love to know how other people would answer the questions.
Thanks for reading!
twitter | bloglovin | tumblr | pinterest | instagram