Sunday 10 November 2013

Bourjois Bronzing Primer (Chanel Dupe?)



Everyone went just a tiny bit nuts when the Bourjois Bronzing Primer hit the stands in Boots and Superdrug. Seeing as Bourjois is owned by Chanel, I think everyone expected it to be the drugstore dupe for the Bronze Universial that is ever so hyped up in the blogging world. 

I haven't personally tried the Chanel cream bronzer (the price scares me too much)  but I have given the Bourjois Bronzing Primer a good try and wanted to bring you my thoughts on it. 

It's okay and that's probably the best thing I can say about it. It's not great or life changing but it's not terrible. I was told that it was the same formula and the Flower Perfection Primer (rave review here) but it's not. It has a much more mousse-y texture (like Dream Matte Mousse) and doesn't feel as silky smooth on the skin. 


It does mattify, and add a hint of colour when used as a primer but I really don't see any different in "bronzing" when I use this. The foundation or bb cream just coveres the little tint this gives you so the colour is sort of pointless if you want a primer. I'd tried the BB Bronzing Cream if you want something to give you a more bronzed look. 

I think this works great as a cream/mousse bronzer. I use it with a damp beauty blender dupe or RT Miracle Complexion Sponge and push it into the skin where I would bronzer or contour. It isn't as intense as a bronzer or contouring powder but it does give you a hit of colour and helps me look less like a ghost without any face shape.  It can be used with a brush or your finger but I find it gives you to much colour/product and it starts to look very orange and muddy. 


Overall, I wouldn't repurchase this because it is a bit to orange for my skin tone and it doesn't work that great as a primer. I think I'll stick to their chocolate bronzer (review here) for bronzing and the Flower Primer for a primer. 

name
Follow on Bloglovin
twitter | bloglovin | tumblr | pinterest | instagram

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of chocolate angel delight ha... when I swatched it though I felt it was too dark for my complexion x

    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete

I read and reply to every comment, and love hearing from you all!