Friday 13 December 2013

Vivo Ultimate Base Concealer Kit

The Vivo Ultimate Base Concealer Kit is a kit that is supposed to help you create flawless skin.  It comes in just one shade, contains two "creamy" concealers, one setting powder and a liquid highlighter. The packaging is really simple, but works really well. You have four products in one so the size is actually really nice.


Vivo Cosmetics Ultimate Base Concealer Kit

I'm not a huge fan of this, and I'm not surprised to be quite honest. I have never really gotten on with 'creamy concealers'  but I thought this one might change the bad experiences I've had with them. 
It comes in one colour,which isn't the best. It work for me, and I would say I'm about an NC/NW15-20 in MAC but if you are paler or of a darker skin tone, this isn't going to work very well for you. They are both similar in colour but each has a slightly different tone to it, pink and yellow. 

They offer little to no coverage, and even when I managed to build something on my skin it didn't last very long at all. The texture is far from the creamy concealer I was expecting, and is actually very tacky and hard to work with. It doesn't blend easily, and it leaves a horrid feeling on the skin even with powder over the top.

The setting powder is fine. I don’t think you can go wrong with a simple setting powder but I don’t use it because I don’t use the palette at all.

The one redeeming thing in this palette is the gorgeous highlighter that comes with it. It’s a small size, in a cute little black tube, with a doe foot applicator. It’s a beautiful white highlighter with a pinky/peachy iridescent sheen to it. I love it! I chuck this in my bag, and it helps me keep that nice glowy look everyone is after. 

Vivo Cosmetics Ultimate Base Concealer Kit Swatch

Overall I wouldn't recommend the Vivo Cosmetics Ultimate Base Concealer Kit.  It is cheap (you can purchase it here) but it's not worth that. I would recommend trying something like the Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer (from £18)  if you want something like that, but I am going to stick with the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer (£4.19) for blemishes and something like the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer for under my eyes (£5.99)
name
Follow on Bloglovin
twitter | bloglovin | tumblr | pinterest | instagram
Do excuse the terrible pictures here. I had so many technology fails that this is probably about the best I could do.  

1 comment:

I read and reply to every comment, and love hearing from you all!